EXPERTISE / SPECIALISATIONS:
- Leadership development when stepping into a new leadership role
- Succeeding as a female leader in a male dominated environment
- Achieving the right balance of work and personal priorities
- Bringing about change within the workplace whilst increasing employee engagement.
Andrea has a passion for leadership and the positive impact that great leadership can have on a team, which has been the driving force throughout her career and in her coaching. Andrea has had more than 22 years in the banking and finance industry in a range of roles including relationship management, call centre management, head office sales and strategy, and leading a state business (as Head of the Private Bank in Queensland for one of the Big 4 banks). Also, on a part time basis, Andrea spent 14 years in the Army Reserves, retiring as a captain.
Andrea now specialises in coaching leaders who have been promoted recently into their role, or who wish to extend and challenge their leadership skills to become the best leader they want to be, working with them to understand and develop their leadership style. Andrea quickly builds rapport and understands the drivers and needs of the client, and then challenges and encourages them to stretch their boundaries, to reap the rewards they are seeking, and also to enjoy life along the way.
QUALIFICATIONS & TRAINING:
- Master of Business Administration, Deakin University
- Graduate Diploma in Business Administration, Deakin University
- Bachelor of Business in Banking & Finance, Monash University
- Certificate IV Life Coaching, Life Coaching Academy
- Level 2, Institute of Executive Coaching and Leadership.
- Accredited in The Leadership Circle assessment tool.
PROFESSIONAL APPOINTMENTS & MEMBERSHIPS:
- Professional Certified Coach (PCC) with International Coach Federation
- Accredited in Social + Emotional Intelligence Profiling
- Accredited in DiSC Advanced
- Member, Australian Institute of Management
- Member, Financial Services Institute of Australasia
- Client Engagement Director.
- Golf, gardening, swimming, and travel.
WORKING WITH ANDREA CORCORAN:
“Andrea has added real value to the leadership team, and has assisted transition and skill development around the management of very difficult situations in ways that have led to more resilient and effective leadership. She is highly personable, friendly, and warm, and brings a sense of humour and balance that harmonises relationships and enables personal development.” – Head of School, Brisbane-based University.