EXPERTISE / SPECIALISATIONS
- Executive team development to build cohesive high-performing teams
- Coaching senior executives as they transition to a new role
- Achieving cognitive and behaviour shifts for sustainable change
- Building leadership capability for cultural and organisational change
Rupert has more than 20 years’ experience in senior leadership development and HR consulting roles, and specialises in executive leadership development and behaviour change coaching. He has designed and delivered many coaching engagements for high-achieving C-suite and senior executives within the listed, private, public and not-for-profit sectors and across a broad range of industries, including in more than half of the ASX50.
With an in-depth understanding of the pressures and challenges faced by senior leaders, Rupert is able to deliver a challenging yet supportive developmental process that addresses barriers to performance. He has done this in a multitude of strategic environments, from the simple to the complex. This has included supporting leaders to navigate through challenging relationships with boards and shareholders, as well as through takeovers of publicly-listed companies.
Complementing his leadership development focus, Rupert has had executive and non-executive director roles in both community and commercial organisations. His most recent role is as Chair of Human Ventures which brings about change to ingrained social and community issues through a range of programs that are self-funded through its social enterprise arm.
Previous to his career as an executive coach and facilitator, Rupert worked at the Australian Institute of Management, where he had full P&L responsibility for a team that he created and led for three years delivering consulting, coaching and facilitation to corporate clients.
QUALIFICATIONS & TRAINING
- BSc, Psychology University of Utah, 1994
- Master of Organisational Psychology, University of Queensland, 2005
- Registered Psychologist
- Certificate IV Workplace Training & Assessment
- Leadership Coach (Suncorp, AIM QLD & NT)
- Accredited Practitioner for a range of profiling and assessment tools: McQuaig, New Directions (Career Values), Hogan’s Personality Instruments, ACER, 16PF, DISC, MCSEIT, TMS
PROFESSIONAL APPOINTMENTS & MEMBERSHIPS
- Australian Psychological Society – Coaching Psychology Interest Group
- International Coaching Federation
- Australian Institute of Management.