EXPERTISE & SPECIALISATIONS
- Complex major project and programme delivery
- Board/Executive interfaces and relationships
- Working with domestic and international business partners, owners, clients and suppliers
- Crisis management including managing the media
Mark has 35 years experience in the construction, engineering, resources, energy, utilities, operations & maintenance, and infrastructure sectors. He has worked for multi-national and Australian companies listed on the ASX and in Europe, controlled by private equity or owned by a few significant shareholders.
With 17 years in MD and CEO roles, Mark has led workforces of up to 4,000 operating across 70 Australasian sites. He has overseen tenfold (1000%) growth, made acquisitions and divestments, created and implemented new strategies, restructured and downsized.
Most recently, Mark led a multi billion dollar PPP project, bringing state-of-the-art technology and design to Australia. It was delivered on time and under budget.
Mark’s broad experience covers complex stakeholder management; generating profits in highly competitive environments; commercial disputes and their resolution; risk management and mitigation; and negotiating when stakes are extreme.
As a mentor, Mark is passionate about improving the efficiency of organisations through enhancing the effectiveness of leaders and staff. He understands how to get the best out of people at all levels and from disparate backgrounds and abilities; creating high functioning teams and optimising working relationships.
QUALIFICATIONS & TRAINING
- Graduate, Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Executive Program in Leadership, Stanford University
- Strategic Management Program, Macquarie Graduate School of Management
- Executive Development Program, The Institute of Administration (UNSW)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Civil), The University of Sydney
PROFESSIONAL APPOINTMENTS & MEMBERSHIPS
- Non-Executive Director, EMM Consulting
- Chair, Mid-Cap CEO Consortium, 2020 Exchange
- Chair, St Paul’s College, The University of Sydney
- Former Chair, Engineers without Borders
Family, skiing, running, rowing, travel, watching rugby