EXPERTISE & SPECIALISATIONS
- Building and nurturing highly networked global teams
- Banking and Finance
- Sustainability and Human Rights
- Managing Diversity and across cultures
- Adaptation and pivoting roles
Mark has had a geographically diverse and broad based 30-year commercial banking career. Mark’s experience includes diverse leadership roles with Standard Chartered in Wholesale and Consumer Banking, Human Resources, Corporate Affairs and Sustainability across the Asia Pacific region including postings in Sydney, Brisbane, Hong Kong, Singapore, Thailand and Japan.
During Mark’s career he has embraced various change management and engagement tools such as mind mapping and Gallup Q12 engagement processes. Mark has embraced diversity and has worked for decades with teams from multiple cultural and geographic backgrounds. Mark has also taken many significant career pivots embracing his core strengths while being comfortable taking leadership roles in areas where he lacked technical expertise.
In the last few years Mark has been working with a diverse portfolio of companies in various board and consulting capacities. In addition to Bank CEO roles in Japan and Thailand and 5 years as a Non-Executive Director of a subsidiary bank board Mark served as Chair of the British Chamber of Commerce in Thailand. Mark is Senior Advisor to a global sustainability consultancy and serves on the board of HK based NGO which seeks to address the issue of modern slavery and human trafficking in the supply chain.
He speaks frequently on business and board-oriented sustainability and leadership themes to organizations like the AICD, DFAT, the NSW Bar Association, Bursa Malaysia, the Thailand Stock Exchange and with various universities in the region.
QUALIFICATIONS & TRAINING
- Sc (Social Sciences) in Philosophy, Politics and Economics (Bristol University, UK)
- Leadership and Strategy programs in Oxford, Insead and London School of Economics
- Graduate member of the Thai Institute of Directors.
- AICD International Company Directors Course
PROFESSIONAL APPOINTMENTS & MEMBERSHIPS
- Chair of the Christina Noble Children’s Foundation International Board
- Director of the Mekong Club (an NGO established to support corporate members tackle modern slavery)
- Member of the International Advisory Board of APCO Worldwide (Washington, USA)
- Advisory Board of FinTech4 Good (Washington, USA)
- HK Committee member of the AICD
- Photography and collecting art
- Skiing, cycling, tennis and golf
- Wine and cooking
WORKING WITH MARK DEVADASON
“I have worked for many exceptionally talented global executives… Mark was the most well rounded of these leaders, due to his high innate EQ and interpersonal skills, his passion for social issues and how relevant they were for all businesses”