The Art of Leadership Newsletter We are at a point in the COVID-19 pandemic, where...Read More
“When people are forming an impression of you, what you say is only 7% of what people come away with.”
Deborah Gruenfeld, Stanford Graduate School of Business
As a successful business leader, you know that your job is more than just having great ideas – it’s persuading people to join you in your vision. To take them on the journey; to communicate with impact.
Not being heard at meetings, for example, or not engaging effectively with stakeholders, or not speaking persuasively to senior management are some of the most common barriers to career success.
The good news is that such deficits can be remedied. Techniques and skills to connect with your audience with meaning and purpose can be learned and adopted as leadership behaviours.
Designed for leaders who want to enhance their influencing and communication skills. This insightful and interactive one-day workshop will help refine your ability to communicate with conviction and confidence. It’s not just about presentation skills, it provides you with insight and performance techniques to suit your development goal. To develop confidence, executive presence, to be more influential.
As an expert in stage performance, with extensive executive coaching experience, your facilitator Peter Kingston is uniquely qualified to spot small changes for you to make for a bigger impact, and help you learn how to put such adjustments and skills into practice with ease.
Peter merges performance techniques with a business focus. In-the-moment feedback and practice in a safe learning environment helps to overcome fears, change old habits and convey leadership impact that is authentically yours.
This workshop will cover:
- Tools of the trade: physical presence, vocal tone and the language you choose.
- Preparing presence for the meeting environment, the speaking environment and the social environment
- Understand how to work with narrative techniques and get your leadership story across.
- Immediate impact on presence and improved confidence
- Understanding how to quickly connect with audiences – both large and small
- Learning the secret to speaking less and saying more
Who Should Attend:
- Change Professionals and leaders of leaders
This program develops self-confidence and presence. It enables you to recognise and overcome roadblocks. It focuses on the things you are passionate about and by reinvigorating leadership performance opens the path to realise career goals.
Registration Price: $990 +GST per person
Inclusions: Full Day Workshop, lunch, morning and afternoon tea.
Book your seat now as places are strictly limited to ensure a personal and ‘highly impactful and interactive’ day.
Download the program brochure to find out more.
Need another reason to complete this workshop?
Stephenson Mansell Group is now offering an Individual Coaching Extension with Peter Kingston as an optional addition to the program.
Take advantage of the special rate to build on what you learn during the program with one-on-one coaching from a uniquely qualified, performance and executive coach.
Find out more here.
Meet your facilitator:
PETER KINGSTON – EXECUTIVE COACH & FACILITATOR
Peter’s work with Stephenson Mansell Group draws from his career as a theatre director, educator, and coach. A former Head of Directing (NIDA) and Head of Theatre at the Western Australian Academy of Performing Arts (WAAPA) Peter has a unique talent for developing presentation, communication and public leadership capability for keynote speakers, senior executives and management teams. Peter brings these skills to his corporate work in areas of organisational review, corporate strategy, change management and leadership.
QUALIFICATIONS & TRAINING
- Head of Directing (NIDA) and Head of Theatre at the Western Australian Academy of Performing Arts (WAAPA) – for more than 10 years he trained many successful young Australian actors and theatre directors.
- Practical leadership experience as an Artistic Director of Griffin Theatre Company Sydney and Black Swan Theatre Company Perth.
- Board experience includes ANPC, BSTC and NSW Premier’s Arts Advisory Board
- Bachelor of Performing Arts (Acting) from NIDA.
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in legal studies and English literature from Sydney University.
- Peter is an executive coach (IEC & ICF) with accreditations in MSCEIT, Genos and Extended DISC profiling tools.
WORKING WITH PETER KINGSTON
- I was so motivated – you really gave me skills to take away and apply to my working and personal life.
- Challenging, eye opening and fun …. I learnt some tricks of the trade and have experience enough to be able to be a powerful and convincing presenter
- Honest feedback and useful techniques that I can use immediately. Extends and challenges you
Click for more information on event booking Terms and Conditions.