EXPERTISE / SPECIALISATIONS
- Leadership and career development
- Organisation development and behaviour
- Workshop facilitation
- Indigenous cultures
- Multicultural differences
Sean has over 20 years’ experience in adult education across government, the corporate, vocational, Higher Education and not-for-profit sectors. He is an experienced Executive Coach and has attained all three levels of the Institute of Executive Coaching and Leadership program.
He is a Churchill Fellow and a 2015 Fulbright scholar. He has undertaken complex educational research projects internationally and presented at conferences and public forums in Australia and internationally. He has led the learning function in three large government organisations, managing the development of a range of industry leading and award winning capability building initiatives for individuals, teams and organisations.
Sean is the author of five books and more than 50 journal articles and presentations on adult learning and organisation development. He is a skilled communicator and an innovative, creative problem solver. As a coach, Sean’s strengths are working with managers and leaders to build team dynamics and assist individuals realise and meet their potential.
QUALIFICATIONS & TRAINING
- BA (Communication), Charles Sturt University
- MA (Australian Studies) University of NSW
- MEd Southern Cross University
- G Cert Mgt Southern Cross University
- Organisation Behaviour Harvard University
- Diploma Indigenous Knowledges Charles Darwin University
- Level 3 coach, Institute of Executive Coaching
- Certificate IV TAE 40110
- Diploma of Government, University of New England
PROFESSIONAL APPOINTMENTS & MEMBERSHIPS
- Graduate Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Churchill Fellow
- Fulbright Professional scholar
- Member of the Australian Institute of Training & Development
- Member of the Australian Human Resources Institute
Family, travel, national and international politics, indigenous cultures, film and art.
WORKING WITH SEAN O’TOOLE
“I found Sean’s coaching to be extremely helpful in my transition a leadership role. Specifically, Sean assisted me in creating goals, during a time of enormous change for the public sector. Sean’s coaching was of enormous benefit for my development and growth. I would recommend Sean as a coach to inspire and assist others.” – Sarah Morris, Manager Client Service NSW Government
“Sean’s understanding and appreciation of Aboriginal people and culture and his knowledge and track record of developing people is a powerful combination. He came along as a coach at the right time for me and has been a great motivator and champion for me in building my self-confidence and understanding the challenges a large government organisation can present for an Aboriginal person.” – Simon Jovanovic, Principal Policy Officer, NSW Government