EXPERTISE / SPECIALISATIONS
- Building, inspiring, uniting and motivating teams
- Driving performance by focusing on continuous improvement and innovation
- Understanding the importance of processes in order to deliver performance
- Building and sustaining relationships, the foundation for success
- Creating and building values driven organisations
- Creating and articulating a clear vision
- Leading mergers, acquisitions and joint ventures
- Turning complex principles into easy to follow simple language.
Peter has over 25 years’ experience in the engineering, construction and services industries. He commenced his executive career in 1993 as a commercial manager at Transfield Maintenance and in 1999 he was appointed CEO. Transfield Maintenance was the genesis of Transfield Services (TSE), an Australian service provider to the infrastructure, resource and energy sectors. Peter’s drive and passion saw him lead TSE into a global entity which works across 11 industries. In his 16-year stewardship he took the organization from concept through to a listed company with revenue in excess of $4 billion, over 29,000 employees, 20,000 contractors worldwide and $11 billion WIH.
He was also during this time, a Director of several joint ventures with partners including Flint, General Electric, and Worley, and was a director at Yarra Trams. TSE established Transfield Services infrastructure fund, where he mentored the new management team and coached them on working with a board.
Currently, Peter is Chairman of Watpac, Chairman of LogiCamms and a Board member of the Major Transport Infrastructure Board in Victoria. Previous assignments included Chairman of the Regional Rail Link Authority and Asset co and board member at Infrastructure Australia. In addition, Peter provides advisory and consultancy services to a range of clients across the utilities and energy sectors.
QUALIFICATIONS & TRAINING
- Diploma of Civil Engineering (Caulfield Institute of Technology) Monash University
- Mastering the Board Room AICD 2012
- Wharton Advanced Management Program 2006
- Leadership at the Peak Program – Centre for Creative Leadership 2007
PROFESSIONAL APPOINTMENTS & MEMBERSHIPS
- Member of Institute of Engineers Australia
- Fellow of the Australian Academy of Technology Sciences and Engineering FTSE
- Member of the Global Foundation
- Lifetime fellow Customer Service Institute of Australia.
Travel, AFL, home renovations.