EXPERTISE & SPECIALISATIONS
- CEO / Board of Directors mentoring for improved organisational and personal effectiveness
- Improving executive leadership team performance, integration and collaboration
- Building advisory boards
- Leadership coaching and executive development
Mark has more than 40 years’ experience in international business and has worked with over 100 CEOs, business owners and their senior teams to help unlock their power and move forward. He has worked with leading US companies such as Patagonia, Union Bank, Northern Trust, EY, AMGEN and New Belgium Brewing.
Mark began his executive career in the US with seven years at Big 5 CPA firm, Arthur Anderson, before honing his financial management and leadership skills as CFO, and later COO, of a US$6 billion mortgage banking company. He also worked as an M&A partner in an investment banking firm in Los Angeles.
Throughout his career Mark has maintained a strong focus on boosting CEO effectiveness and for three years served as Group Chairman of TEC (now Vistage) Worldwide, an international CEO peer group organisation with 21,000 CEO members in 20 countries. His personal experience includes serving on two boards of directors and five advisory boards.
In addition to his extensive experience mentoring leading CEOs for improved performance, Mark has facilitated over 200 corporate retreats for senior executive teams across a wide range of industries and sectors.
As a skilled teacher and author, Mark is committed to assisting business leaders who want to make a difference in their communities and believe in the value of global sustainability.
QUALIFICATIONS & TRAINING
- Bachelor of Accounting, Michigan State University
- Certified Public Accountant, Texas (inactive)
PROFESSIONAL APPOINTMENTS & MEMBERSHIPS
- Visiting faculty member, Business School for Entrepreneurs in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Speaker, National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO) University
- Speaker, Vision Council Executive Summit
- Member, International Association of Facilitators (IAF)
- Member, ProVisors Network
- Member, Association for Corporate Growth (ACG)
- Member, Conscious Capitalism
- Member, United Nations Association of the United States
Global Sustainability: 21 Leading CEOs Show How to Do Well by Doing Good– published January 2017. Contributing CEOs include:
- Richard Branson, Founder, Virgin Group
- Paul Polman, CEO, Unilever
- Ann Sherry, CEO, Carnival Australia
- Andrew Liveris, CEO, The Dow Chemical Company
- Cyrus Mistry, Chairman, Tata Group
Unlock the Power of Your Team: How to Build a Powerful Organization Through Principles and Values – published March 2009
Travel, hiking, cycling, meditation, photography, yoga and Qi Gong
WORKING WITH MARK LEFKO
“Mark has been a wonderful partner in developing our Sustainability Peer Group. He is a fantastic facilitator and moderator and has a open, honest, and welcoming approach to everything he does. He brings a tremendous amount of positive energy and perspective and is someone that I am proud to partner with.” –
Robert ter Kuile, World Wide Director of Environmental Affairs at Amazon