EXPERTISE / SPECIALISATIONS
- Executive leadership
- Career development and transitioning to executive roles
- Public & Private sector interface
- Cultural and organisational change
- Corporate governance
- Understanding large, decentralised, customer-facing organisations
Lyn was the NSW Commissioner for Fair Trading after a successful and varied career as an executive over 20 years in public sector organisations that were generally large, decentralised and with a customer facing outlook. Her work often involved interacting with the private sector in some way either as a regulator or as a service provided or partner. She held strategic positions both in corporate service areas and then in executive roles.
As an executive Lyn operated in organisations undergoing extensive change and facing major challenges. She led a number of organisational transitions utilising her excellent people-management, communications and stakeholder management skills. Her approach was to lead by example and to develop others to play key roles in the change.
As a coach and mentor with Stephenson Mansell Group, Lyn has found another opportunity to use her skills to help executives or aspiring executives to identify issues that are affecting their performance or the performance of their team and to develop their own strategies to address them. Lyn has coached clients in the university sector, the mainstream public sector and the not-for-profit sector.
Apart from the professional development she undertakes with SMG, Lyn has completed a Certificate IV in Business Coaching to further hone her skills.
QUALIFICATIONS & TRAINING
- Bachelor of Arts, Macquarie University
- Master of Business Administration, University of Technology, Sydney
- Certificate IV in Workplace & Business Coaching, Open Door Coaching Group
- Assessment tool accreditation : Hogan
PROFESSIONAL APPOINTMENTS & MEMBERSHIPS
- Graduate, Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Board member, Ambulance NSW
- Audit & Risk Committee Chair, Roads Maritime Services
- Audit & Risk Committee member NSW Police Force, Ambulance NSW, Health Pathology
Family, music, travel, reading, drama and art
WORKING WITH LYN
”After coaching with Lyn, I had improved capacity to make hard decisions, particularly ones I would have procrastinated on previously. She helped me to get some clarity and to think more deeply about what I needed to do, how I would do this better, and in doing so support my staff and their growth. I have made progress on areas I didn’t imagine I would so quickly…Lyn inspired me to act, make changes and improve myself.”’
“Lyn is an extremely knowledgeable and personable coach with extensive experience in government and executive leadership. Her practical approach and innovative ideas helped me hone my leadership skills and provide me with the tools to continue on the path to greater success personally and professionally”.