EXPERTISE / SPECIALISATIONS
- Relationships between Boards and CEO/Senior Executives
- Governance and Risk
- Multicultural differences
- Public Sector/ Private sector interface
- Government sector
Jon has been an Executive Coach/Mentor with Stephenson Mansell Group since its formation as The Stephenson Partnership in 1998 and is an SMG-accredited Master Coach. He has coached and mentored CEOs and senior executives across the private, public and not-for-profit sectors, with significant experience in finance, legal, FMCG, construction development, education, retail, regulation, human services and health.
His recent participants include C-suite executives of top fifty ASX listed companies, in procurement, legal, property and banking.
Jon has held senior executive roles for over twenty-five years, including nine years as CEO of a major rehabilitation service.
He has over twenty-five years’ experience as a Board Member in the private, public and not for profit sectors, during which time he has chaired the Sydney Harbour Foreshore Authority, NSW Ambulance Service, numerous Audit and Risk Committees and a $1.2bn joint government/private sector development in Sydney’s north west.
QUALIFICATIONS & TRAINING
- BA Hons, University of Sydney
- SMG Master Coach
- Assessment tool accreditation: CCL, LEA, Hogan
PROFESSIONAL APPOINTMENTS & MEMBERSHIPS
- Fellow, Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Chair, Harris Farm Markets Advisory Board
- Chair, Australian Building and Construction Commission Audit Committee (Commonwealth)
- Chair NSW Government Audit Committees: (NSW Police, NSW SES, NSW Mental Health Commission and Murrumbidgee Local Health District)
- Chair, Rouse Hill Regional Centre Joint Management Committee
- Chair, Sydney Harbour Foreshore Authority (2004-2007) and in total served on its Board for over 11 years
- Senior governance roles in NSW Health including Chair of NSW Ambulance and NSW Health Audit Committee
Family, overseas travel, national and international politics, biographies, indigenous and non-indigenous culture.
WORKING WITH JON ISAACS
“For me the SMG executive development program was the perfect fit exactly at the right time. The opportunity to bounce leadership ideas and issues off a highly experienced coach was just fantastic. The level of trust that developed between myself and John was such that I was able to divulge areas where I felt that I personally needed to improve and work on appropriate personal strategies. I genuinely feel I am now a better, more confident leader than I was twelve months ago.”