EXPERTISE & SPECIALISATIONS
- Executive Coaching / Coach Mentor
- Executive and Team Facilitation / High Performance Teams / Brain-Based Facilitation / Resilience
- Leadership and Management Development / Leading Change / Innovation and Strategic Thinking
- Global and Intercultural Effectiveness
David has been actively involved in developing people for most of his working life. He believes that leaders are the force that drive improvement in individuals and organisations. His focus is to assist leaders at all levels to navigate the inevitable transition caused by a change event. He coaches by aiding leaders to view situations in a strategic and integrated way from which they can develop courses of action.
David spent 23 years in the Australian Army completing his service as a senior officer; he still serves as a reservist where he focuses on assisting military personnel to adapt to new circumstances. After leaving the Army 20 years ago, David worked as a management consultant on a range of significant public sector change programs. In 2005 his passion for high-quality leadership and experiences with change led him to executive coaching.
David had coached leaders in the public, private and not-for-profit (NFP) sectors including in retail, logistics, manufacturing, agribusiness, education, and disability services. His coaching philosophy is underpinned by the belief that people have an innate desire to thrive and maximise their potential. His purpose is to work with them to discover what matters to them and their work, and then support them whilst they shift.
QUALIFICATIONS & TRAINING
- Professional Certified Coach, International Coach Federation
- Results Certified Coach, NeuroLeadership Institute
- Corporate Coach Level 3, Institute of Executive Coaching and Leadership
- CINERGY© Conflict Management Coach: LEADR
- Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management, University of Canberra
- Brevet d’Études Militaires Supérieures, École Militaire, Paris
- Bachelor of Arts (Military Studies), University of New South Wales, Faculty of Military Studies, Royal Military College Duntroon
- Accredited Practitioner: Herrmann Brain Dominance Instrument (HBDI), Genos Emotional Intelligence Assessment, Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI)
WORKING WITH DAVID PIERCE
“I have been coached and mentored by David Pierce for several years. I have found him to be respectful, positive and an incredible listener with whom I can speak candidly and openly about many situations. This has led to development of strategies that have positively influenced a range of difficult situations.
CEO, Not-for-Profit Organisation