EXPERTISE / SPECIALISATIONS
- Achieving positive sustainable change in team performance and culture
- Creating early success in a new role or organisation
- Building influence and success as a female leader
- Career planning for future fulfilment.
As an executive coach and facilitator, Cathy draws on a 30-year career partnering with senior leaders in publicly-listed and large private companies to bring to her programs a deep understanding of building effective engagement within teams and with key stakeholders. Cathy has held management roles in industrial sales and marketing with BHP Steel and in FMCG marketing with Johnson and Johnson Australia. She has run her own consultancy specialising in business-to-business marketing for small to medium-sized service sector enterprises. And several years of experience in executive search and selection gave her valuable insights into building organisational capability and resilience through cultivating others.
This experience informs her coaching approach to such key leadership challenges as initiating successful crucial conversations, building followership and team culture, creating individual accountability, managing time and priorities, building business, and exerting influence. The focus of her coaching is to create positive, sustainable change in leadership performance by supporting and challenging leaders to be their best.
QUALIFICATIONS & TRAINING
- Masters of Business Administration, University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Economics, University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Arts in Japanese, Journalism and Economics, University of Queensland
- Diploma of Company Directorship, Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Associate Certified Coach, International Coach Federation
PROFESSIONAL APPOINTMENTS & MEMBERSHIPS
- Member, International Coach Federation
- Graduate, Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Board Member, Anglicare Southern Queensland
Tennis, bushwalking, performing and visual arts, travel.
WORKING WITH CATHY GRANT
“Cathy provided me with Executive Coaching to help develop a greater knowledge of my own capabilities. I developed a greater depth of leadership skills that has successfully seen me move to a new organisation and within 6 months progress my career to a more senior group leadership role. I see great benefit in the insights Cathy can bring to individuals and teams. I highly recommend Cathy to any individual or organisation looking for leadership coaching.” – Principal Engineer, Fortune 500 Engineering, Construction and Technical Services company.