EXPERTISE / SPECIALISATIONS:
- Organisational change
- Technology strategy
- Board/management relationships
- Energy/Resources sector.
Bruce McKay has had a successful corporate career spanning several industries over a 30 year period. At the culmination of his international career with Esso and Exxon affiliates, he held the positions of General Manager, Production for Esso Australia (responsible for the largest oil and gas production operations in the country) and CEO of Delhi Petroleum. Subsequently, he was Director of Personnel at Telstra, and CEO and Head of School of the Australian Graduate School of Engineering Innovation in 1994.
Since 1997, Bruce has pursued a portfolio of interests including consulting, company directorships and executive coaching/mentoring. He has undertaken a range of professional and management programs throughout his career and has been an Adjunct Lecturer in Technology Strategy at Macquarie Graduate School of Management.
As an Executive Coach with Stephenson Mansell since 2000, Bruce has worked extensively with participants in financial services, technology, construction, infrastructure, legal and government sectors. He has a passion for seeing individuals achieve their potential and has been effective in developing the careers of younger high potential managers, as well as mentoring CEO’s in ASX100 companies, Australian subsidiaries of international corporations and owner/executives of private companies. He has also facilitated successful leadership programs with executive teams in divisions of public companies and government departments.
Bruce has developed a suite of relevant coaching skills enhanced by his own corporate experience, and a sound understanding of the business and behavioural challenges faced by individuals and organisations. He is experienced in a range of leadership models and survey instruments, including accreditation in applying LEA.
QUALIFICATIONS & TRAINING:
- B.Sc Honours in Geology, Sydney University
- Accredited in TLC, LEA and Personal Direction.
PROFESSIONAL APPOINTMENTS & MEMBERSHIPS:
- IPB Petroleum and ANU Enterprise
- Fellow of the Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Fellow of The Institute of Engineers Australia
- Trustee of the John Flynn Foundation for Frontier Services, Uniting Church of Australia
- Advisory Board for the Australian School of Petroleum, Adelaide University
- Honorary Life Member of the Australian Petroleum Production and Exploration Association.
- Golf, walking, family.