EXPERTISE / SPECIALISATIONS:
- Organisational change and development
- Relationship management
- Capability development and individual performance management
- Partnership building and business development.
Susan has had over 15 years’ experience as a senior executive in the NSW Public Sector. During this time she has served in a number of Senior Executive Service roles including Deputy Director General TAFE and Community Education, CEO TAFE National Business, CEO Department Education & Community International Business and Director TAFE NSW Western Sydney Institute (WSI).
In her 8 years as Director WSI she significantly increased the organisation’s market share – more than doubling the business and making the organization one of the largest and most successful educational institutions in Australia.
Susan acknowledges that the success of this high performing organization was achieved by establishing a strong commitment to organizational excellence and personal responsibility. Integral to the success of WSI under her leadership was the establishment of a program of mentoring and coaching support provided to the Executive and Senior Leadership teams and the implementation of a structured ‘whole of organization’ approach to leadership and capability development.
Susan has presented at various national and international conferences, contributed to a range of professional journals on the theme of leadership and organizational effectiveness, and has been recognized by the L H Martin Institute for her leadership skills.
Susan has seen first-hand the benefits individual and team coaching brought to her own organisation and now brings these skills to her role as a coach and mentor for senior executives.
QUALIFICATIONS & TRAINING:
- Bachelor of Arts and Graduate Diploma in Education (Sydney University)
- Graduate Diploma in Quality Management (University of Wollongong)
- Graduate Diploma in Frontline Management
- Level 1 Coach, Institute of Executive Coaching
- SMG Coaching, Level 1 (coaching competencies for performance, change, career, EQ).
PROFESSIONAL APPOINTMENTS & MEMBERSHIPS:
- Member TAFE Executive Group
- Western Sydney Regional Advisory Board
- UWS Audit and Risk Committee.
WORKING WITH SUSAN HARTIGAN:
“Working with Susan provided the impetus for me to take the next step in my career and to truly challenge myself. Susan is an excellent communicator, supportive and dedicated to helping those she coaches to ‘dig deep’ to challenge their assumptions and reach their full potential.”