EXPERTISE / SPECIALISATIONS:
- International Corporate Governance
- Managing Cultural Change
- Risk Management and International Compliance
- Multiple Cultural Staff Development
- Business Performance
Stuart has over 30 years’ experience in leadership and executive roles in the engineering professional services sector. He has worked in a variety of Markets, including: Transport, Resources, Water and Energy across Asia Pacific, Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
Commencing his career in the public sector where he was involved in the oversight of the development of Uranium Mining in the Northern Territory in the 1980s, Stuart then had a long career with Brambles where he held roles as General Manager for a number of Divisions across Australia. Subsequently he joined the global engineering group, Parsons Brinckerhoff in 2000, where he initially managed a number of Australian State operations, before going on to manage the Australian operations and finally the International operations from 2007, based in London. At this time he was responsible for a budget of $1.2 billion and managing in excess of 7000 professional staff in over 200 countries.
Part of his portfolio also included responsibility for the global Mining services business of the group with activities in Southern Africa, Indonesia and Australia.
During his time at Parsons Brinckerhoff, Stuart was renowned for his focus on people, and his continual drive for the development of staff. During his tenure he drove the development of critical programs and introduced measurable performance criteria which helped create a corporate culture of performance, risk management and maximising potential.
Stuart brings a sound knowledge of international business and a strong focus on development and performance.
QUALIFICATIONS & TRAINING:
- Graduate Columbia Senior Executive Program, Columbia Business School, Columbia University, New York, USA
- Executive Education Darden Business School, University of Virginia, USA
- Graduate Bachelor of Environment Science, Murdoch University, Western Australia International Company Directors Course, AICD
- Chairman’s Course AICD
PROFESSIONAL APPOINTMENTS & MEMBERSHIPS:
- Member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Companion Engineers Australia
- Chairman, Fyfe Group a Holdings Pty Ltd
- Non-Executive Director, Sage Group Ltd
- Non-Executive Director, SGS Economics and Planning Pty Ltd
Rugby Union Football, Angus cattle breeding, surfing, mentoring young indigenous Australians with a focus on increasing school attendance and development