EXPERTISE / SPECIALISATIONS
- Building, uniting and motivating teams
- Driving performance by focusing on continuous improvement
- Understanding the importance of processes in order to evaluate and deliver performance
- Consistently building relationships, which are the foundation for success.
Peter’s executive career commenced in the services sector as a Commercial Manager at Transfield in 1993. After developing the company from a start-up organisation into a mature company, he was then appointed as CEO in 1999. Transfield Maintenance was the genesis of Transfield Services (TSE) was listed in May 2001 and now operates globally across 11 industries, employing circa 30,000 people.
During the decade Peter was CEO of Transfield, he was the driving force behind creating the foundation for a sustainable business that achieved a CAGR of more than 25% across key measures. In his last year, FY09 the company achieved 16% growth in NPAT on revenues of $4.32 billion.
Peter has extensive experience with Boards – as a Director and Advisor, Executive and Independent Chairman with a portfolio of activities focused primarily around infrastructure.
QUALIFICATIONS & TRAINING
- Diploma Computer Engineering from Caulfield Institute of Technology (Monash University)
- Wharton Advanced Management Program (University of Pennsylvania)
- Leadership at the peak, Centre for Creative Leadership
- CEO of the Year – Customer Service Institute
- Mastering the Boardroom, AICD.
PROFESSIONAL APPOINTMENTS & MEMBERSHIPS
- Member of Institute of Engineers Australia
- Fellow of the Australian Academy of Technology Sciences and Engineering FTSE
- Member of the Global Foundation
- Lifetime fellow Customer Service Institute of Australia.
Travel, AFL, home renovations.