EXPERTISE / SPECIALISATIONS
- Leadership development
- Performance improvement
- Organisational culture transformation programs
- Executive coaching
- Corporate facilitation
Peter’s involvement as a lead facilitator, consultant and coach in organisational wide culture change programs spans across the globe. Highlights include the ANZ Breakout (2001-2006), Anglo-Coal ‘Yebo Siyaphambili’ in South Africa (2003-2006), Telstra Unleashed ( 2004-2005), PwC Inspiring Leader’s program (2005-2007), Westpac’s New Horizons (2010) and Quest (2010 – 2013) Programs as well as KPMG’s Building the Blue (2009).
Peter is trained in numerous disciplines, accredited in a raft of psychometric profiling instruments (including Life Styles Inventory (LSI), Barrett and DiSC).
Peter’s particular area of expertise is designing and facilitating Leadership development programs, off-sites, planning days on themes including:- strategic planning, team improvement, organisational culture transformation and leadership development amongst the methodologies used are appreciative inquiry, Robert Cialdini’s research around the science of influence, the work of Martin Seligman based around the power of positive psychology and using myth and archetypes for leadership development. A key component of this is called The Hero’s Journey.
He brings great clarity, integrity, skill, warmth and humour to his work. These qualities combined with his very open and engaging style enables a quick development of rapport with others. As the Testimonials refer, and ultimately the test which is most critical, he is well recognised as someone who can be relied upon to design and deliver, quality outcomes.
QUALIFICATIONS & TRAINING
Leadership team development starts with forming stage, dealing with problems (and ‘undiscussables’), strategic direction and performance improvement. Peter achieves results by exploring what is currently working well within the team and how to amplify this, where the challenges reside, what the team’s aspirations are and where the opportunities for progress lie. Areas for addressing include:
- Low levels of trust between team members
- Ineffectual collaboration
- A lack of strong and decisive leadership
- Baggage from the past
- A failure to have the appropriate tough conversations when required
- Low morale and engagement
- Failures around accountability and delivery
- Tools include: Deep Structured Interviews, Appreciative Enquiry approach, Organisational Culture Inventory (OCI) from the Human Synergistics foundation, The Cultural Values Assessment (CVA) and The Team Values Assessment (TVA) from the Barrett’s Values Centre
PROFESSIONAL APPOINTMENTS & MEMBERSHIPS
- Bachelor of Arts, University of New England
- Diploma of Education, University of New England
- High School Humanities Teacher (English/History)
- Accredited Barrett’s Value Cultural Transformation Tools – LVA, IVA & CTT
- Accredited McKinsey coach – Leadership@McKinsey and CLW Programs
- Accredited Human Synergistics Consultant
- Accredited DiSC trainer
- Mindsets & Capabilities Facilitator McKinsey & Co
- Accredited Conflict Resolution trainer
WORKING WITH PETER SHEARER
“Peter’s first rate skills as a facilitator helped our team table issues that had remained unspoken for some time. He then helped us work through them in a way which unified the team, and allowed us to build a collaborative way forward.” – Richard Stewart, PwC Australia
“The workshop Peter orchestrated focusing on our teamwork and effectiveness is a memorable moment of truth for me. It was so successful and created a lot of positive energy. We continue on our journey. Thanks Peter for your unique, highly professional and very friendly contribution.” – Peter Kavanak, CEO, CSOB Bank, Czech Republic