EXPERTISE / SPECIALISATIONS
- Customer Centric Business, Business Development, Governance, Professional Services
- Industry, Engineering and Construction, Development and Environment, Energy and Resources
- Private and Government (Infrastructure)
Lesley has over 30 years professional experience, including senior executive and company director roles. She has extensive executive leadership experience, nationally and internationally, and has deep insights into the engineering, infrastructure and industrial sectors. In addition, she has particular expertise in client/customer centric business operations and transformation.
After completing a BA, and several years in government, Lesley joined an emerging professional services organisation, and over 29 years, experienced several careers, nationally and internationally, as the business expanded into a global organisation. Her experience included operations management, business development, major capital works delivery, strategy, group management and ultimately as Executive Director of the Board. During this time she also served on secondment, including as General Manager within a government organisation delivering over $4B of infrastructure.
Lesley holds a passionate belief in the capacity of people to adapt and thrive given the right opportunities and support. She attributes leadership excellence and organisational culture as a lead indicator of business success. She is a passionate advocate of preparing leaders who thrive in continual disruption and uncertainty that welcome difference and challenge, are mindful of the influence and the shadow they cast, and are both courageous and humble.
Lesley attributes her pragmatic approach to business and leadership to her rural upbringing, where clarity, clear priorities, resourcefullness and resilience were a necessity in an unpredictable and resource constrained environment. She attributes her passion for mentoring and leadership excellence to the ‘gift’ of life long learning, making the journey from ‘country girl to Board Director of a global company’ possible.
QUALIFICATIONS & TRAINING
- Bachelor of Arts (UNE)
- Accredited Project Director (Major projects) (SKM); Accredited Designated Project Executive (Jacobs)
- Leadership Excellence (SKM)
- Graduate Australian Institute Company Directors
PROFESSIONAL APPOINTMENTS & MEMBERSHIPS
- Member Australian Institute Company Directors – Lesley served 6 years as Executive Director of SKM (A $1.3B global organisation) and 3 years on the subsidiary Board of SKM Malaysia;
- Member Planning Institute of Australia
- Currently Chair Governance Board Brisbane North Parallel Runway Project; currently serves on two Advisory Boards to private organisations.
- Director on two private investment companies.
WORKING WITH LESLEY MORRIS
“Lesley was able to cut to the chase very quickly and I never expected a learning experience that was both confronting and a joy at the same time. Her deep executive leadership experience and insights prompted many a light bulb moment. She inspired courage to be the ‘real me’, be not afraid of failure, embrace complexity and uncertainty, and establish the environment and clarity of purpose where those I influence can thrive. Above all, it has brought a sense of empowerment and freedom to be the ‘real me’.