EXPERTISE & SPECIALISATIONS
- Global experience
- Energy, utilities, water, waste, engineering and industrial services
- Experienced CEO, NED and Board Chair Corporate strategy
- Audit and Risk
Since 2003, Emma has worked as a non-executive director for listed ASX 50-200 private and government owned Australian and NZ oil and gas; power; energy and utilities; resources; water and waste; engineering and industrial services companies. During this time, she has also provided mentoring and coaching services to senior managers in a range of sectors, primarily those which draw on her strong operational background and experience as a CEO as well as NED/Board Committee Chair (construction and engineering; resources; medical devices; chemicals; environmental restoration; finance and insurance; legal services and IT sectors).
Her European executive operational career (from 1984 to 2003 spanned building materials; fuel distribution and energy retailing. As Managing Director of British Fuels Gas, she ran the first independent domestic gas retailer. As Gaz de France’s UK Managing Director, she built a major industrial customer focused gas and electricity retailer and ran GdF’s downstream UK operations. Her management experience ranged from early roles in Corporate Planning and Mergers and Acquisitions, followed by line roles in running oil depots, petrol stations and transport fleets. At corporate level, she has been engaged in business strategy as well as leading her company’s entry into energy retailing and continued to build her general management capability as she progressed into Managing Director/CEO positions.
As a board director, Emma is highly regarded for her commercial acumen, strategic input (seeing the woods from the trees), objectivity in good and bad times, and personal ability to work with others. Emma is an experienced committee chair in audit and risk, commodity trading risk, HSE and remuneration.
Emma has a teenage daughter and resides in Camden, NSW.
QUALIFICATIONS & TRAINING
- Undergraduate degree in Physics (Manchester University, UK)
- MBA (Manchester Business School)
- Honorary Fellow of Western Sydney University.
- Non-Executive Director and Remuneration & Nominations Chair for bauxite and alumina refining ASX50 company Alumina Limited
- Non-Executive Director for waste management company, Cleanaway
- Non-Executive Director and Acting Audit and Risk chair for renewables company, Infigen
- Non-Executive Director & HSE Committee Chair for NZ oil and gas E&P company, Todd Corporation with international operations & projects in UK (tungsten), North America (oil and gas E&P and gas to liquids) and WA iron ore and related port infrastructure.
- NED for NSW bulk water supplier and asset operator, WaterNSW.