EXPERTISE / SPECIALISATIONS:
- Leadership development
- Alignment between culture, strategy and leadership
- Executive coaching
- Team development
- Organisational change
Doug McEncroe is a highly experienced, senior executive leadership development consultant, facilitator and executive coach, who has designed and implemented leadership development solutions in 150 Fortune 500 companies, including engagements with 50 senior management teams in 23 countries. Besides working with his own clients in Spain—where he lived for 25 years—through Douglas McEncroe Group (the company he founded in 1991), Doug has also worked as a senior consultant and educator for Ashridge Management College—where he delivered their Open Leadership Development Program for six years—CCL, Accenture, DDI and Mercer/Oliver Wyman. As a representative of these companies, Doug carried out some 26 projects in 15 countries in English, Italian, Spanish and French.
Many of the projects that Doug designed and implemented involved supporting his clients to achieve greater alignment between their strategy, their organisational culture and their leadership. The leadership development programs and coaching were designed to strengthen this alignment and bring about tangible organisational improvement.
Doug has published dozens of articles in the financial press and professional journals. In 2010 he published his first book, Leadership: The Slow-Cooking Way, about his experiences in developing leadership development solutions in Europe. In 2011 he was invited by Spain’s leading financial newspaper, Expansión, to write their blog on leadership. In 2013 he translated his book into English and published it in Australia.
Douglas returned to his native Australia in 2012 and continued to deliver, through his own company, projects for Australian and multinational companies, prior to joining the Stephenson Mansell Group in 2016.
QUALIFICATIONS & TRAINING
- Undergraduate and Postgraduate degrees in Applied Linguistics, History and Education.
- Diploma in Organisational Psychology from Tavistock Institute in London.
- Executive Education Program in Leadership Development from Harvard University.
- Accredited in MBTI, KAI, FIRO B and other psychometric instruments from OPP, Oxford.
- Accredited in 360-degree feedback instruments Benchmarks and Skillskope by OPP, Oxford.
- Accredited as a coach by CCL, Newfield and European Mentoring and Coaching Council (EMMC)
PROFESSIONAL APPOINTMENTS & MEMBERSHIPS
- Fellow of Australian Human Resource Institute