EXPERTISE / SPECIALISATIONS:
- Creating the Best Outcomes with Businesses
- International Business, especially Asia Pacific
- Sales and Marketing
- B2B Markets
- Fast moving consumer goods (FMCG)
- Vertically-integrated Manufacturing.
David worked with global FMCG Company Kimberly-Clark Corporation for over 20 years. For his final 7 years he was a Vice President and had responsibility for the B2B businesses in Asia Pacific, with P&L responsibility for businesses in 11 countries across a broad range of cultures, and in different stages of business maturity. He was also a member of the Global Leadership Team for the globally managed US$4 billion Kimberly-Clark Professional business.
David’s primary focus is on maximising outcomes for the individual, the business, shareholders and stakeholders.
David grew up in Melbourne and studied chemistry and mathematics at La Trobe University before joining Esso/Exxon where he worked for 12 years in a broad variety of roles.
David’s specialisations are marketing and sales, especially in the B2B markets. However, he has been managing businesses for the past 15 years and has experience in finance, manufacturing, supply chain, IT and corporate planning. He understands how complex businesses work and is able to assist individuals make strong business decisions and achieve optimum results.
David’s key strengths are dealing with complexity, strategy development, change-management, restructuring and building talent, across a multitude of geographies. He has the ability to work with a diverse range of people in a collaborative manner.
David has undertaken comprehensive training in executive mentoring and coaching. He has managed business teams for about 30 years and has the hands-on experience, tools, models and processes that can develop and maximize the performance of individuals and teams.
QUALIFICATIONS & TRAINING:
- B.Sc. (Hons 1st Class), La Trobe University
- M.Sc. Organic Chemistry, La Trobe University
- GAICD at the Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Executive Central Accredited Executive Mentor and Coach.
PROFESSIONAL APPOINTMENTS & MEMBERSHIPS:
- Chairman of the Advisory Board of Academy Global
- Previously a Director of KCA Super for 5 years.
- Golf, travel, walking, reading, current affairs, AFL and basketball