EXPERTISE / SPECIALISATIONS:
- Group facilitation
- Strategic Planning
David is an experienced former CEO with extensive international business experience. During a 25 year career, he held executive and senior office management positions in Toronto, Chicago, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Johannesburg, Melbourne, China and New York for advertising agencies FCB, J.Walter Thompson and the Omnicom Group.
He has worked across most numerous business categories with the broadest range of personality types and encountered most management challenges.
Immediately prior to his current role as a non-Executive Director and consultant focused on the mentoring and development of CEO’s, senior executives and management teams, he was the CEO of Bluearth, a Melbourne-based not-for-profit charity combating obesity and sedentary behaviour amongst school children. David built this into a national initiative.
His career began in brand management at Procter & Gamble.
David has served on the board of Cogstate (an ASX-listed biotech), including being a member for six years of the Audit and Compliance Committee, as well as the Remuneration and Nomination Committees. He has recently become a non-Executive Director of Axon Sports, a US-Australian joint venture.
QUALIFICATIONS & TRAINING:
- BA, Bishops University in Canada
- Graduate studies, London School of Economics
- SMG Coaching, Level 1 (coaching competencies for performance, change, career, EQ)
- SMG Coaching, Level 2 ( Advanced leader as Coach Training, contextual coaching across all psychology theories)
- SMG Coaching, Level 3 (ELE, LAP, Integral Coaching, CCL benchmarks, LEA).
PROFESSIONAL APPOINTMENTS & MEMBERSHIPS:
- Fellow, Australian Institute of Company Directors
- The Executive Connection, Chair of TEC 9
- Chairman, Cool Australia
- Chapter Chairman, World Presidents Organisation (Melbourne).
- Masters basketball, tennis, pilates, reading and film.