EXPERTISE / SPECIALISATIONS
- Group facilitation
- Strategic Planning
David is an experienced former CEO with extensive international business experience. During a 25 year career, he held executive and senior office management positions in Toronto, Chicago, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Johannesburg, Melbourne, China and New York for advertising agencies FCB, J. Walter Thompson and the Omnicom Group.
He has worked across most industries and business categories with the broadest range of personality types and encountered most management challenges.
Immediately prior to his current role as a non-Executive Director and consultant focused on the mentoring and development of CEO’s, senior executives and management teams, he was the CEO of Bluearth, a Melbourne-based not-for-profit charity combating obesity and sedentary behaviour amongst school children. David built this into a national initiative.
His career began in brand management at Procter & Gamble.
David served on the board of Cogstate (an ASX-listed biotech), including the Audit & Compliance, Remuneration and Nomination Committees from 2004 through 2017. Since 2011 he has chaired Cool Australia, a not for profit that provides teachers with on-line learning tools to promote social and environmental sustainability.
QUALIFICATIONS & TRAINING
- BA, Bishops University in Canada
- Graduate studies, London School of Economics
- SMG Coaching, Level 1 (coaching competencies for performance, change, career, EQ)
- SMG Coaching, Level 2 ( Advanced leader as Coach Training, contextual coaching across all psychology theories)
- SMG Coaching, Level 3 (ELE, LAP, Integral Coaching, CCL benchmarks, LEA).
PROFESSIONAL APPOINTMENTS & MEMBERSHIPS
- Fellow, Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Chairman, Cool Australia
- Chapter Chairman, World Presidents’ Organisation (Melbourne)
Masters basketball, tennis, pilates, reading and film.
WORKING WITH DAVID SIMPSON
My mission is to help leaders find their focus, their voice and their success. My approach is to enable those individuals to feel good about themselves so they do the right thing or do the right thing so they feel good about themselves.