Head of Coaching & Mentoring
Stephenson Mansell Group (SMG) has built a reputation as one of Australia’s pre-eminent executive coaching, mentoring and leadership development firms.
SMG was formed in 2005 from the merger of The Stephenson Partnership and The Mansell Group; both organisations having operated separately since 1998, making us Australia's longest-established executive development firm. Leveraging academic rigour, deep behavioural change expertise and commercial experience, SMG develops leaders, teams and individuals, enabling them to achieve better personal and business results. Over more than a decade, we have coached and mentored upwards of 5000 executives in more than 500 organisations nationally and internationally. Indeed, we have worked with senior leaders in more than 30 of Australia’s Top 50 Companies.
The Head of Coaching & Mentoring is responsible for the business development and day-to-day management of SMG’s coaching and mentoring business.
- 7+ years of relevant experience as a leadership development professional.
- 5+ years of relevant experience and deep knowledge of executive coaching and mentoring.
- Relevant executive coaching and diagnostic accreditation.
- Highly effective and consistent written and verbal communication capabilities.
- Strong project management, communication, interpersonal skills and problem solving skills.
- High level of energy, thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Playing an integral role in new business pitches and responsibility for effective on-boarding of new coaching and mentoring clients.
- Driving increased revenue to achieve sales targets through superior communication of SMG’s coaching and mentoring solution and deep partnering with clients.
- Preparation and submission of coaching and mentoring assignment proposals and panel RFPs.
- Preparation and coordination of account plans and strategies for driving sales growth with new and existing targets.
- Overseeing the day-to-day management of the coaching and mentoring business and associate network, including invoicing and reporting.
- Acting as key contact for coaching and mentoring clients and as the key interface between client and other SMG divisions.
- Building and maintaining relationships with key personnel within client companies.
- Working closely with sales colleagues, and existing and target clients to generate new coaching and mentoring business.
- Updating the CRM in a timely manner.
- Proactively seeking feedback from clients on coaching and mentoring effectiveness and quality, and communicating and integrating client feedback to improve solutions and service levels.
- Providing market feedback to leadership regarding competitive offerings, client needs and generating product development ideas, particularly regarding digital solutions.
- Resolving areas of concerns raised by clients.
- Introducing other SMG solutions to existing clients and prospects and alerting SMG colleagues to opportunities for cross-selling.
- Interviewing and appointing associates so as to develop and maintain a premier and diverse associate network.
- Responsibility for onboarding and induction of new associates.
- Overseeing the training, accreditation and on-going professional development of associate network.
- Communicating associate capabilities to sales and business development colleagues and facilitating internal introductions.
- Proactively seeking feedback from associates on their experience with SMG.
- Communicating and integrating associate feedback to improve associate engagement and brand loyalty.
- Working closely with the Digital Solutions Manager to enhance SMG coaching and mentoring through digital innovation.
The SMG Competencies:
- Client Focus: Demonstrates a concern for the needs and expectations of clients and makes them a high priority. Maintains contact with internal and external clients, and uses their understanding of customer needs as the basis for decision making and organisational action. Effectively manages customer expectations. Proactively seeks feedback from customers and uses this information to make improvements.
- Leadership: Demonstrates leadership skills; sets example for others to follow. Effectively coaches others in developing their skills and abilities. Ability to direct and manage to ensure objectives are met.
- Creativity: Ability to think outside the box and develop creative ways to increase brand awareness and program quality and impact.
- Communication: Ability to clearly communicate ideas. Communicates with appropriate frequency and detail to all levels of the organisation, clients, associates and partners.
- Collaboration: Ability to bring others into the brainstorming and decision making process. Works to ensure alignment of resources. Continuously solicits feedback for improvement and goal achievement. Seeks, values and integrates others’ opinions and contributions. Collaborates with colleagues to achieve shared objectives. Understands own responsibilities and how they add value for their team and customers/clients. Takes responsibility for their own role and objectives, and supports others with theirs. Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyses information skillfully; develops alternative solutions.
Project Management: Able to develop and manage project plans; communicates changes and progress; completes projects on time and budget. Ensures effective control of marketing results and takes corrective action when necessary to redirect strategy. Implements swift and decisive procedures to resolve marketing related issues and optimise opportunities.
- Budget Management: Effectively manages budgets to plan; performs appropriate analysis; identifies issues.
- Digital Savviness: Demonstrates a willingness and propensity for existing and new technologies. Actively seeks to improve sales, programs or services through the use of technology. Champions the digital agenda and can clearly advocate and articulate digital solutions. Confidently discusses frequently used digital products and services and can match the benefits of these to the customer’s specific needs. Anticipates future requirements of customers at different stages of their digital journey. Leverages digital platforms to enhance SMG and personal brand.
- Self-Leadership: The ability to understand and manage one’s own emotions, motivations and energy, as well as the effect of their behaviours on others. Demonstrates self-initiated continuous learning, and professional and personal development to maximise personal effectiveness and meet future business needs. Seeks feedback to learn and improve. Delivers to a high standard, taking responsibility for own actions and outcomes. Manages time efficiently through effective planning, prioritising and scheduling of tasks. Accommodates to changing circumstances and maintains calm under pressure.
The Head of Coaching & Mentoring reports to the Acting Head of Sales and Marketing, and works closely with all of SMG’s functional areas, ie. Sales & Marketing, Business Development, Events & Programs, Thought Leadership, Operations, and the Associates network. The role has one direct report, the Client Relationship Manager.
Diversity and Inclusion:
At SMG we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to helping our clients make substantial, lasting changes and to building an organisation that attracts, develops, and retains exceptional people.
Please send your resume to Felicity at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for this job or need more information, contact us below.Contact Us